Data Privacy Statement
Personal Data (in the following mostly mentioned as ‘data’) is only processed as art of the necessity and purpose of providing a functioning and user-friendly online presence including its content and offered services.
According to Article 4 of the European Ordinance 2016/679, the General Data Protection Regulation (hereafter referred to as ‘GDPR’), ‘processing’ in the context of personal data is considered as a every conducted process or process series, with our without the help of automated procedure, such as collecting, recording, organising, arranging, publication by transmission, dissemination or any other form of provision, comparison, linking, restriction, deletion or destruction.
With the following data privacy statement we will inform you in particular about the way, extent, purpose, duration and legal basis in context of processing personal data as long as we decide either alone or along with others upon the purposes and means behind the processing. Furthermore, we will inform you about the used third-party components for improvement purpose and to enhance the usage quality as long as third person data is processed again in own responsibility.
Our data privacy statement is structured as follows:
- Information on us as those who are responsible
- Users and parties concerned rights
- Information on data processing
1. Information on us as those who are responsible
Responsible provider of the online presence in the terms of the Data Protection Law:
Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences
Content-related person in charge:
Michael A. Herzog (address as above)
2. Users and parties concerned rights
With the subsequent specified data processing in mind, users and parties concerned have the right
- to obtain confirmation whether their concerned data has been processed, to rectify processed data, to receive information on the data processing as well as on copies of their data (cf. Art. 15 GDPR);
- on correction and completion of incorrect or rather incomplete data (cf. Art. 16 GDPR);
- on immediate deletion of their data concerned or, alternatively, as far as further processing according to Art. 17 Par. 3 GDPR is required, the right on restriction of the processing in accordance with 18 GDPR;
- on preservation of their respective data provided and the transmission of the data processed to other providers/ responsible people (cf. Art. 20 GDPR);
- to make an official complaint towards supervisory authorities as long as they opine that respective data has been processed by the provider in breach of data protection regulations (cf. Art. 77 GDPR).
In addition, the provider is obligated to inform all recipients whom the provider disclosed data to, on every correction or deletion of data or the limitation of processing that is carried out on the basis of Art. 16, 17 Abs. 1, 18 GDPR. This obligation no longer exists as far as a notification is infeasible or associated with disproportionate expense. Despite this, the user has the right to receive information on these recipients.
Furthermore, the users and parties concerned according to Art. 21 GDPR have the right of appeal against prospective data processing as long as the provider is processing the data in accordance with Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. f GDPR. Especially an appeal against the data processing for the purpose of direct advertising is admissible.
3. Information on Data Processing
Your processed data resulting from the use of our online presence will be deleted or disabled as soon as the purpose of retaining the data ceases to be relevant, the deletion of the data is not opposed to statutory storage obligations and no contrary information is provided on individual processing methods subsequently.
Contact Requests/ Contact Information
Provided that you get in touch with us via the contact form or e-mail, your therefore stated personal data will be used for processing your inquiry. The providing of data is required for processing and responding to your inquiry – without their provision we cannot respond to your inquiry, at best only limited.
Legal basis of the processing is Art. 6. Par. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
Your data will be deleted provided that your inquiry has been answered conclusively and the deletion is not opposed to statutory storage obligations, such as a possible subsequent contract processing.
As part of our online presence we use Google Fonts for the representation of external font types. This is a service offered by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, in the following only mentioned as ‘Google’. With the certification according to the EU-US Privacy Shield. Google guarantees that the EU legal data protection is observed with regard to the processing of data in the USA as well. In order to enable the display of certain fonts, a connection to the USA Google server is established while accessing our online presence. Legal basis is Art. 6 Par. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is the optimisation and economic operation of our online presence. With the established connection to Google while accessing our online presence, Google is able to detect the website the inquiry was send from as well as the IP address the display of the font needs to be transmitted to.